Ofsted are responsible for:
- inspecting maintained schools and academies, some independent schools, and many other educational institutions and programmes outside of higher education
- inspecting childcare, adoption and fostering agencies and initial teacher training
- publishing reports of our findings so they can be used to improve the overall quality of education and training
- regulating a range of early years and children’s social care services, making sure they’re suitable for children and potentially vulnerable young people
- reporting to policymakers on the effectiveness of these services
See our Online reports here
Ofsted operates a facility called Parent View for parents to share their views on the provision offered by schools. We would encourage you, please, to take a moment to register on the site and provide your comments about the College. Parent View has replaced the paper questionnaires that inspectors used to circulate at the time of a school inspection to gather parents’ views.
To complete the short questionnaire please visit http://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk. You will be asked to provide an email address and choose a password when you register. Once your login has been activated, it only takes a few minutes to choose answers to 12 short questions about the school, such as how well we deal with bullying, the quality of teaching, whether the level of homework given to your child is appropriate, and whether you would recommend the school to other parents.
As well as informing Ofsted inspectors, it is also useful for us because it gives valuable information about what you think of the school and helps us to improve.
Please remember, you can give your opinion of your child’s school through Parent View at any time during the school year. At the time of an inspection, you can resubmit your views and the facility will overwrite your previous response so that only one ‘view’ for each parent, per school, is held.